how connect visual basic to pgsql?

From: "Ingenieria de Sistemas" <ingsiste(at)cmet(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: how connect visual basic to pgsql?
Date: 2000-07-21 21:53:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I am a beginner in pqsql and linux.
I can't connect from visual basic to my pgsql server.
When do I do telnet "host-pgsql" what is the message that have i receive
from pgsql server if my postgres port is enabled?
I just can read " connect to "host-pgsql", then i type anything and press
enter .
I read this message "connection closed by foreign host"
what do you think about this.
Thanksfully Hector Barrera