Ooops ! :( Recovery techniques

From: "Richard Sydney-Smith" <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ooops ! :( Recovery techniques
Date: 2003-12-01 04:41:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

My machine just crashed in the middle of an update.

When I restart the postgresql server the database engine appears ok and then tells me that a file /data/pg_clog/0697 is not there.

I presume that these are the transaction log files.
I would like to truncate the old logfiles, re-index and keep going.
I that possible with postgres of do I have to do a full rebuild?

thanks verymuch

Richard Sydney-Smith