Re: Performance Question

From: "Tim Perdue, The Des Moines City(dot)net" <tim(at)dmcity(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance Question
Date: 1999-02-05 22:33:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

I did finally get most of the data dropped into the Postgres database. It's
now sitting at 55,000 email messages (100MB).

Even with a huge mix of records, search time is not impacted as far as I can
tell. Queries come back just as quickly as they did before.

I did discover that indexes on the text fields are not being used when I use
a Regex operator. So I dropped the index with no performance hit.

Thanks to everyone for their input,

Tim Perdue
geocrawler.com