Load fixed length records.

From: "Martin Schweitzer" <schweitzer(at)one(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Load fixed length records.
Date: 2001-02-25 05:55:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am receiving records as fixed length ascii. I would like to load them into PostgreSQL tables. I could write an ecpg program to parse the records and do an insert - or I could write an awk script to split the records and insert delimiters, then use COPY (which is what I did), but I was wondering if there were some generalised tools out there for the task, or if someone had a better option?

Thanks.

Martin