New count() question

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: New count() question
Date: 1999-12-19 18:26:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ok, so it's two queries. I have another intersting problem though.. Example
of one of my count queries :

select count (*) as total from applicants as a,applicants_states as
s,resume_search as re where a.app_id=s.app_id and a.app_id=re.app_id and
re.user_id=291

That's all well and fine except that it only counts the total from the
applicants table, not the total from the rest of the query.

I know I'm just not doing something right (obviously), can someone lend a
hand?

I've played with grouping but can't seem to get the syntax all right.

Thanks (again)!

-Mitch