Re: Database clone stuck in the middle

From: "Gnanakumar" <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Kevin Grittner'" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database clone stuck in the middle
Date: 2010-04-03 05:04:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

> I wonder whether the OP is doing
> something weird like launching the server as a subprocess of his login
> shell.

I don't understand what you mean here. What is OP?

> Another possibility (if the source is a really big database) is that
> the copy operation is actually still going on. I'd make real sure the
> old session is gone before trying to manually remove the allegedly-dead
> subdirectory.

My database is really not very big. Usually, cloning of my database gets
completed within 5 minutes. So, I'm very sure the database clone was stuck
in the middle. Even I've waited for almost a day to confirm that copy
operation would run successfully to completion but in vain.