date format

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: date format
Date: 2001-06-01 14:40:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

I was reading the date data type section of the Postgres Manual, and found
this:

Date and time input is accepted in almost any reasonable format, including
ISO-8601, SQL-compatible, traditional Postgres, and others. The ordering of
month and day in date input can be ambiguous, therefore a setting exists to
specify how it should be interpreted in ambiguous cases. The command SET
DateStyle TO 'US' or SET DateStyle TO 'NonEuropean' specifies the variant
"month before day", the command SET DateStyle TO 'European' sets the variant
"day before month". The ISO style is the default but this default can be
changed at compile time or at run time.

Now, normally work with day/month/year format, and work normally with PHP, so
do we have to set the datestyle variable each time we open a connection? Can
this be the default as it says in the manuals and how?

Saludos... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.