New to PostgreSql - requires assistance

From: "Cormar Films" <cormar(at)mweb(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New to PostgreSql - requires assistance
Date: 2019-05-17 07:34:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Good day

I am a VB6 programmer with plenty of MS Access Databasis and applications
and would like to start using PostGreSql instead.

I installed PostGreSql, pgAdmin4 and drivers - not sure if everything
required is now installed.

I successfullly created a database and table in PostgreSql, and now want to
start implimenting it in VB6.

My big problem now is the connection to the database from VB6. I tried the
following connection strings:

conUsers.ConnectionString = "Driver={PostGreSql
Unicode(X64)};SERVER=localhost;port=5432;DATBASE=WinMedAngela;UID=postgres;P
WD=Goslow22%;CommandTimeOut=300;"
conUsers.ConnectionString = "Driver={PostgreSql
ANSI(x64)};SERVER=localhost;port=5432;DATBASE=WinMedAngela;UID=postgres;PWD=
Goslow22%;CommandTimeOut=300;"
conUsers.ConnectionString =
"Driver={PostgreSql};SERVER=localhost;port=5432;DATBASE=WinMedAngela;UID=pos
tgres;PWD=Goslow22%;CommandTimeOut=300;"

... which caused error "Data Source Name not found and no default driver
specified".

It seems that there is a problem with the driver.

Could you please assist me with this issue.

Kind regards

Cornie du Plessis
Cormar Films EMAIL Signature Jun 2016 ver 2

---