Distributing index's/tables/logs/etc.

From: "Arsalan Zaidi" <azaidi(at)directi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Distributing index's/tables/logs/etc.
Date: 2002-02-02 10:15:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I'd like to place my indexs on another partition. There's a hint that this
can be done in one of the docs, but no info as to how one should go about
doing this...

I can guess which of the directories under 'base' holds my database, but how
do I recognise and shift the indexs? They're all numbers!

Has any one done this before?

--Arsalan

People often hate those things which they do not know, or cannot understand.
--Ali Ibn Abi Talib (AS)