Recusrive Functions in 7.0.3

From: <plpgsql(at)polar-digital(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Recusrive Functions in 7.0.3
Date: 2001-02-09 20:22:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Are recursive functions allowed in in 7.0.3 as I seem to be unable to get them to work in plpgsql, it just freezes and I have to do ctrl-alt-c.
ie calling the same function name from within some form of loop, possible to 4 or 5 levels?

Also is it possible to output any debugging info, all I really want to be able to do is print out a variable to the screen.

Final quesion for pure speed on functions does PL/PGSQL have special compilation options or would I get better performace for PL/C?

Regards

Mark