Re: PL/PGSQL Cook Book

From: ender <kthangavelu(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: m(dot)proctor(at)bigfoot(dot)com, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/PGSQL Cook Book
Date: 2001-02-10 00:24:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Friday 09 February 2001 12:23, plpgsql(at)polar-digital(dot)com wrote:
> I've just spent the last day or two trying to get to grips with plpgsql and
> can't believe how abysmal the documetentation and examples are. I've been
> trawling through the mailist lists and I notice there was talk back in 1999
> abouta PLPGSQL Cook Book - did anything come of this?

a good body of open source plpgsql code is in the openacs distribution at
openacs.org.

i agree that plpgsql is poorly documented, the only way i found to figure out
its capabilities were to scour the mailing lists, the openacs code, and the
plpgsql implementation source. any attempt to better this documentation would
IMO, be a worthwhile effort.

hth

kapil