Re: libpq crashing on macOS during connection startup

From: John DeSoi <john(at)desoi(dot)dev>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq crashing on macOS during connection startup
Date: 2023-11-30 16:58:15
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Nov 30, 2023, at 10:21 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com> wrote:
>
> To be clear, at the times the Web processes crash there is are no traces in the Postgres log of an issue on the Postgres side?
>
> Is there evidence in the Postgres logs of what the Web process was doing just before it crashed?

No entry in the Postgres log that I can see. The backtrace I posted in the original message was today at 7:06am. There is nothing in the Postgres log around that time except for some checkpoint messages.

I think the backtrace shows that Postgres has just connected and is authenticating by calling Kerberos which calls Heimdal and then crashes in CoreFoundation. I also posted this issue on the Heimdal GitHub account.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.