libpq and PostgreSQL NOTICEs

From: "Tim Barnard" <tbarnard(at)povn(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq and PostgreSQL NOTICEs
Date: 2001-06-04 17:59:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any way to force Postgre not to send NOTICEs to the console? I have an ncurses app that from time to time gets notices stating that "begin is already a transaction in progress." Now I know I need to track down where I'm issuing a "begin" twice, but I would rather Postgre log these warnings and errors to a file, rather than spewing across the screen. Does anyone know if and how to instruct Postgre to send its NOTICEs to a log file?

Tim