Re: USA Disaster

From: "Richard Zimmerman" <richard(at)knbpower(dot)com>
To: "Ludwig Meyerhoff" <ludwig(at)antar(dot)com>, "Hunter Hillegas" <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
Cc: "Manuel Cabido" <manny(at)tinago(dot)msuiit(dot)edu(dot)ph>, "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: USA Disaster
Date: 2001-09-12 13:56:11
Lists: pgsql-general

> How is the internet and telecommunication affected? The first time we did
> not have real internet-connections, and a few hours ago the satellites
> began to get free ... Did the priority change, for the first moment, from
> "normal, public use" to "military and government use only"?

No, I don't feel the govrenment took over anything. Yesterday my company
gave up trying to conduct any business via the Internet as it became so
congested with people trying to find out what had happened. Requests simply
overloaded the internet in places. Ping times between my offices were
averaging 20-35% longer then normal.

As for telephones, we experienced a lot of busy circuits yesterday.

Richard