ANALYZE after CREATE TABLE AS SELECT...

From: "Semyon Reyfman" <sreyfman(at)therealauthority(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ANALYZE after CREATE TABLE AS SELECT...
Date: 2015-02-26 18:58:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

When I create a table with "CREATE TABLE name AS SELECT." statement and
immediately afterward use this new table in a query does it make sense to
run ANALYZE on the new table in between? It appears that postgres should be
able to collect very detailed statistics while emitting the table but I am
not sure if this is done.

Thanks

Simon