Sharing Postgres Files

From: "Sean Weissensee" <sweiss(at)ionsol(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pg" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sharing Postgres Files
Date: 2000-11-06 06:14:51
Lists: pgsql-general

We have 2 Web Servers running,

what I like to do is have the postgres DB on a file server so that both Web Servers can
access this information,

1). Do I copy the /var/lib/pgsql tree to the file server ?
Is this all I need to copy.

2) The file server is a Samba server, is this going to have any
affect accessing the DB?

Sean

ION Solutions.