Re: Maximum table size

From: "Paulo Scardine" <paulos(at)cimed(dot)ind(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Maximum table size
Date: 2003-09-09 21:11:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
> Why this ? just because bigger is better? I agree with Tom Lane, is
> better underpromise than overpromise.

My $0.02:
You are talking about pg teoretical limits.
Why not add to the docs some information about the lack of resources
for testing these limits and ask for donations?
Some kind of "core-developers-hardware-wish-list"???
If someone is going to handle this amount of data with Postgres, seems
they can contribute with some hardware for the dev team.
Here in Brazil we have a say: "who don't cry, don't milk".

Regards,
--
Paulo Scardine