Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output
Date: 2020-02-11 09:34:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 11 Feb 2020, at 08:41, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Autoconf already has a way to register the package home page and propagate it, so I used that. That also makes it easier to change it (see http: -> https:) or have third parties substitute their own contact information without destroying translations.

+1, this change has the side benefit of aiding postgres forks who otherwise
have to patch all occurrences to avoid getting reports on the wrong list.

> While at it, I also did the same refactoring for the bug reporting address (which was also recently changed, so this is a bit late, but who knows what the future holds).

Pardon my weak autoconf-skills, what does the inverted brackets (]foo[ as
opposed to [foo]) do in the below?

-Please also contact <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org> to see about
+Please also contact <]AC_PACKAGE_BUGREPORT[> to see about

cheers ./daniel