How to properly build postgresql version 7.2 on Unix Platforms?

From: "Andre' Blanchard" <andre(at)synchronicity(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to properly build postgresql version 7.2 on Unix Platforms?
Date: 2002-02-15 04:31:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings:

I have had nothing but problems building postgresql on Solaris, HPUX and AIX
with the platform specific ansi c compiler (aka not gcc).

I have read the FAQs in the docs and I get the impression I should not have
any problems, yet your bug archives suggest otherwise.

My question:

What are the recommeded configurations (tcl, ant, java, compilers) on the
following Platforms for building Postgresql ?

AIX 4.3.3
HPUX 11.00
Solaris 2.8, 2.7, 2.6

Thank you.