Re: new type proposal

From: "Dan Wilson" <phpPgAdmin(at)acucore(dot)com>
To: "Joseph Shraibman" <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new type proposal
Date: 2001-02-06 21:54:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I think these are vital! I was looking for something like this a few months
ago and was frustrated that I had to create a trigger to accomplish this...
I know, I'm lazy. But if it were built in, I think it would be a big bonus!

-Dan

: I've been thinking on some new pesudo-types like SERIAL.
:
: 1) LAST_MODIFIED is the timestamp of that last time this row was
: modified. Easy enough to do currently with triggers.
: 2) TIME_CREATED is the timestamp of when this row was first created with
: an INSERT. I'm not sure how to do this because it needs to be read
: only.
:
: Both of these could be useful to me and I can implement them by myself
: (except #2 which I'll just have to trust myself not to screw up) but
: general users might find them useful.
:
: What do you think?