initdb problem on sun solaris sparc

From: "Geeta Mahesh" <ugtech(at)bom3(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: <webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: initdb problem on sun solaris sparc
Date: 1999-10-05 08:40:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi..

I have installed postgreSQL 6.42 on Solaris sparc as per the instructions
given in readmesolaris.htm.
Now after installing successfully when I run initdb command I am getting
following error

$ initdb --username=pgsql --pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

ld.so.1: pg_id: fatal: libgen.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Unable to determine a valid username. If you are running
initdb without an explicit username specified, then there
may be a problem with finding the Postgres shared library
and/or the pg_id utility.

Please guide ..

Regards
Rajesh