Execute dynamically generated query???

From: "Unnikrishnan Menon" <unnikrishnan(dot)menon(at)chennai(dot)transys(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Execute dynamically generated query???
Date: 2002-01-04 14:55:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am new to PostgreSQL and wish to do the following:

1. I am trying to execute a dynamically generated query within a function - Create table tablename as Select expressions .. from tablename, tablename where ......
The function on execution gives the following error: Select ....into is not yet implemented. Could anyone help me with a workaround for the function to be executed.

2. Select count(*) count from tab;
The following query gives the error Relation tab does not exists. Through documents i understand that it is not possible to use the above query. Has anybody tried a
workaround process for the above.

Any help would be welcome,

Thanx in advance,

Unnikrishnan Menon.