DDL partitioning with insert trigger issue

From: "mark" <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DDL partitioning with insert trigger issue
Date: 2010-06-14 22:46:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am running PG 8.3. and following the guide found at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-partitioning.html

I have followed the steps outlined here nearly exactly with regards to using
an insert trigger to call a function to insert data into the child
partition. I am wondering why I am getting the record inserted in both the
child and the parent partition when executing an insert into the parent.

Is there a step missing from the DOC? Something else I need to do?

Thank you

..: Mark