Re: How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation)

From: Dirk Olmes <dirk(dot)olmes(at)exentra(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation)
Date: 2017-03-16 06:54:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> I think you are correct that keeping the statement open for the life of the
> app is a bit of a stretch but ideally as long as possible.

Well we actually do this in our app. It's a bit of a corner case where
we have a custom persistence layer that keeps a "read" and a "write"
connection open all the time.

WRT to not closing the statements - isn't that what connection pools do?
They wrap the Connnection instance from the JDBC driver with an
implementation that shortcuts close() and just returns the connection to
the pool.

-dirk