AW: AW: CTE with JOIN of two tables is much faster than a regular query

From: <kpi6288(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: AW: CTE with JOIN of two tables is much faster than a regular query
Date: 2018-08-19 09:07:34
Lists: pgsql-general

While I agree that you loose control over certain details, we are overall quite happy using the frameworks.

The frameworks nowadays provide the ability to call procedures if required - but using the objects directly is more convenient for the developers. SQL procedures add (just like a CTE) an additional layer to the application design which needs maintenance. That's fine if it really helps overall but we try to avoid it if it isn't needed.

Regards
Klaus