First steps in plpgsql - language not recognized?

From: "Chris Ruprecht" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "p-sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: First steps in plpgsql - language not recognized?
Date: 2001-07-17 13:48:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I have tried (and failed) my first steps in Pl/PgSQL.
This must be real simple (like a 'create language' or something) but I don't
(yet) know how to do this and maybe someone has a quick answer for me here.
I get this (I'm sure it's a clear case of RT(F)M, but there are so many Ms
to R, I don't know where to begin):

[postgres(at)chill-025 postgres]$ psql -f x.sql phones
psql:x.sql:1: ERROR: RemoveFunction: function 'testfunc(int4)' does not
exist
psql:x.sql:9: ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'plpgsql'.
Recognized languages are sql, C, internal, and created procedural
languages.

The first error is ok - the error in line 9 is what I'm worried about.

The code is what's in the tutorial, no biggy ;).

Best regards and thanks for the help,
Chris