permission denied

From: "Pascal Tufenkji" <ptufenkji(at)usj(dot)edu(dot)lb>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: permission denied
Date: 2013-10-31 07:53:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am facing a weird permission problem with the views in our database.

While the system is up and running, suddenly a certain view gets corrupted.
When we try to query it, it returns “permission denied”. Although the
permission has not been changed and if I check them using “\z” the system
displays that all the permissions are still on. The only solution is to drop
the view and create it back again.

3 views had been corrupted the past week.

Until now, all the errors are on our SIT and UAT servers. I am afraid that
soon we will be facing those same problems on our production database.

We are using PostgreSQL 8.2.11 on Red Hat

What seems to be the problem ?

Can anyone help please ?

Pascal TUFENKJI
Service de Technologie de l'Information
Université Saint-Joseph - Rectorat
Tel: +961 1 421 132
Email: <mailto:ptufenkji(at)usj(dot)edu(dot)lb> ptufenkji(at)usj(dot)edu(dot)lb