Interface

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Interface
Date: 2006-05-10 16:00:49
Lists: pgsql-general

The folks on the Delphi forum haven't been responsive to this question. Perhaps the ones that visit the forum don't know the answer.

I have created a Delphi interface to a Postgresql table containing a serial column.

When I try to insert a new value through the interface I get an error message that the serial field requires a value.

When I remove the serial column the interface inserts a new value with no problem. When I insert directly via sql the serial column updates automatically.

What am I missing to make this work through Delphi?

Bob