Reg: invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8 0x00

From: "JSPrabu" <psudharsan(at)iradcle(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <avyasabhattu(at)iradcle(dot)com>
Subject: Reg: invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8 0x00
Date: 2010-09-29 09:18:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Support,

Please help for the following issues which I am facing with migration and
replication process of oracle to EnterpriseDB database.

1) While migrating tables from oracle to edb database, I am facing
"invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8" error.

Actually I am migrating through "migration studio". In this wizard, while
doing online migration of oracle table with data's , constraints and
indexes, constraints and indexes are migrated but I am getting this encoding
error when migrating table data's.

2) In xDB replication console also, I am facing this same encoding
error.

In one support link, I came to know that we have to add
"-DreplaceNullChar=true" and "-DnullReplacementChar=replacement char"
command in advanced JVM options for replacing "null" value from oracle table
to edb table, But I could not find advanced JVM options in xDB replication
console.

Source:

database: Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

nls_lang: American

nls_characterset: WE8ISO8859P1

target:

database: PostgrePlus 8.4 Advanced server

encoding: utf8

Thanks & Regards,

Prabu.J.S

Database Administrator | iRADcle Solutions.

Handy : +91 978 624 4530 | Off : 044 44507141