Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

From: "Hagen Finley" <finhagen(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: "'Hannes Erven'" <hannes(at)erven(dot)at>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Date: 2012-01-02 21:47:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hannes,

The output of \l is:

gpdemo=# \l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Access privileges
------------+---------+----------+---------------------
acn | gpadmin | UTF8 |
gpdemo | gpadmin | UTF8 |
philosophy | gpadmin | UTF8 |
postgres | gpadmin | UTF8 |
template0 | gpadmin | UTF8 | =c/gpadmin : gpadmin=CTc/gpadmin
template1 | gpadmin | UTF8 | =c/gpadmin : gpadmin=CTc/gpadmin

It would be easy enough to create a new database with a different encoding -
only one record in the one in question. However, it sounded as though you
don't believe that is the issue - that UTF8 ought to support the German
characters I want. Am I understanding you correctly?

Hagen