Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgAdmin Support'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin v1.22.0 keeps freezing and crashing
Date: 2016-01-25 09:40:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

No

>> I've since been forced to downgrade back to pgAdmin 1.20.
>>
>> My husband has the same issue on his computer, though could be how we
>> have our setups configured in a similar way.
>>
>> I did talk to someone else who said when she was running the PostGIS
>> shp2pgsql-gui plugin on v1.22.0 it would crash (windows 7 32-bit), so
>> she reverted too back to v1.20 and problem went away.

> Oh? The plugins are simply tools that are launched in their own processes - and that code hasn't changed since 1.20. Does it crash immediately? Is it pgAdmin or the plugin that crashes?

Well the postgis-gui plugin is compiled with mingw64 and is the one distributed with PostGIS 2.2 one (not that it matters since that code has not changed in a while).
I have to test this myself. My friend was using a Windows 7 32-bit and the screen she showed me, it gave some sort of VC++ debug error before it crashed (so doesn't seem like it is crashing in the plugin though the error does suggest that)
As I recall, I think she got as far as the PostGIS-GUI (shp2pgsql-gui) showing her the list of tables and it was when she proceeded to export was when it crashed.
Again I'll have to check this for myself, since she only sent me a screen shot. Attached is the screen shot she sent me. She said when she uninstalled 1.22 and reinstalled 1.20 things were okay.
I usually just use the shp2pgsql command line since it's more efficient for larger tables and I can script it.

Thanks,
Regina

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 35.6 KB