Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

From: "Brendan Hill" <brendanh(at)jims(dot)net>
To: "'Jayadevan M'" <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components
Date: 2010-09-08 06:56:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Jayadevan,

We're adding to our server farm, which is Windows. We use Windows as our application is .NET based, and related components in our systems require Windows. Switching to *nix is not an option.

I'm just after some assurance that all the extra 32bit components in Postgres will run OK under 64bit Windows. I mean allegedly *anything* 32bit is supposed to run under 64bit, but it's not always this simple in practice.

-Brendan