Function error

From: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <apendleton(at)vgsinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Function error
Date: 1999-05-12 13:40:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

I created the following function:

create function employee_pay_update() returns opaque as '
begin
insert into employee_payroll values (
new.employee_id,
new.employee_name
);
' language 'plpgsql';

This is just supposed to insert any record inserted into a table into
employee_payroll. I don't need any sort of error checking as that will be
done elsewhere. When I try to insert into the first table, and the trigger
calls this function I get this error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: fmgr_info: function 19265: cache lookup
failed

Did I forget to do something?

Adam