Re: Oracle "Jobs" in PostgreSQL

From: "Unnikrishnan Menon" <unnikrishnan(dot)menon(at)chennai(dot)transys(dot)net>
To: "Andrew G(dot) Hammond" <drew(at)xyzzy(dot)dhs(dot)org>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle "Jobs" in PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-02-12 04:09:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Andrew,

Iam sorry for being vague. The fact is that i would like to port a few jobs
created in Oracle to PostgreSQL. These jobs are executed in a time-based
manner.
I do not find any option in PostgreSQL which matches the jobs functionality
of Oracle. The Oracle-to-PG documentation also does not mention anything on
porting of jobs. I'am running a couple of procedures within packages as jobs
in Oracle.
could help guide me into porting the same into Postgres.

Thanx in advance
Unni