Re: getting count for a specific querry

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Bob Henkel'" <luckyratfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "'Scott Marlowe'" <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>, "'Andrew Sullivan'" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getting count for a specific querry
Date: 2005-04-08 19:47:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have asked specific questions and paid attention to the various threads on
configuration.

I will take my config files and post on the performance thread that is a
good suggestion (personnaly I have more faith in this forum then a paid
consultant, but at this point I am willing to try both).

Thanks again.

The count thing I can get around using stored results and on demand
counting, but some of my statistical reporting is just a must have.

I enclosed one of my views, I realize to get help I should also include
tables and indexes etc, and maybe I will do that.

It is just there are so many of them. This one in particular did not run at
all when I first got my data loaded.

I ended up adding a few indexes and not sure what else and got it to run
faster on postgres.

Now it is running horrid, so I am back to the drawing board I change one
thing and something else breaks.

I am just frustrated, maybe Monday I will have better strength to figure it
all out.

Joel Fradkin

Attachment Content-Type Size
viewcasecube.txt text/plain 18.2 KB