restoring dbschema

From: "Richard Sydney-Smith" <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: restoring dbschema
Date: 2003-09-19 14:09:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a database created with pg 7.3.1
In pgAdminII I have saved the DBSchema

After creating a new database in pgAdmin I opened a SQL box and loaded the dbschema.sql file and tried to run it.

A number of errors occured. The first was that the public namespace was already defined this was followed by:pgSQL language not defined properly, and a number of view already defined and other errors.

I worked through the batch file and eventually re-created all objects but am puzzled as to why it is not a clean operation.

Is their another way I should be running this file?

Thanks.
Richard