Accent Marks

From: "Jonathan Karlen" <jkarlen(at)karlen(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accent Marks
Date: 1999-12-05 15:39:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Greetings,

I have a a client whom we're building a web application for that contains data in many languages. What they would like is for queries to be accent insensitive. In other words, for example in Spanish, if I was to search on the word "ir", I'd get back any results containing either "ir" or the same word with the "i" having an accent mark. I don't see how this is possible. Any advice?

Jonathan Karlen
Jonathan R. Karlen
Karlen Internet Solutions
jkarlen(at)karlen(dot)com