Re: dbf to pgsql

From: Havasvölgyi Ottó <h(dot)otto(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dbf to pgsql
Date: 2005-08-04 10:37:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter,

There is a dbf2pg in the contrib library, I have tried to use it, but I had
some probems with it: I had a numeric field whose decimal length was 0.
Dbf2pg couldn't handle this situation, it said that it has an illegel number
format. So I had to generate manually a big convertion script, and I fed to
psql.
EMS has a Data Import tool, it can handle DBF too.

Best Regards,
Otto