pg_clog corruption?

From: "A Palmblad" <adampalmblad(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_clog corruption?
Date: 2004-04-15 15:55:32
Lists: pgsql-general

After trying a vacuum of a table, the following error has been occurring:

aers=# vacuum XXXXXX;
ERROR: could not access status of transaction 4290052110
DETAIL: could not open file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0FFB": No such file or directory

This error will be repeated every time the vacuum is run. We have some suspicions about the RAID controller in the server, but at the moment I'm wondering how to get around this error and complete the vacuum. Zero_damaged_pages is on.

- Adam Palmblad