Session disconnected

From: "Jan(dot)Lindgren" <jan(dot)lindgren(at)stabilizer(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Session disconnected
Date: 2003-03-13 10:28:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I got a question on how postgres handle an interrupted transaction,
regarding rollback, commit.

We do have a rather unstable connection to our db and sometime a
transaction/session will be disconnected but the process is still
visible on the server.

How will postgres handle an update transaction from a client to the
server that is disconnected?
- will the query be rollbacked automatically ??
- is it safe to just kill the hanging process on the server?

Regards
Jan Lindgren, Stabilizer