Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql

From: "Andrew Snow" <andrew(at)modulus(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql
Date: 2001-12-14 05:26:53
Lists: pgsql-general

> This function returns a tcl list from it and you can
> basically pass back whater you want.
>
> TCL List has format { item1 } { item 2 } { item3 }

Just a quick thought

While this is a fine piece of programming and probably works very well
for those who use it; when I see something like this I can't help but
feel something is very lacking in these arena of functions returning
sets of data in PostgreSQL. I can't see how being able to return open
cursors from PL/PGsql functions is going to help much, either..

- Andrew