Re: Insert fails from VB only when table is empty...?

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'LaBranche, Kevin'" <klabranche(at)co(dot)coconino(dot)az(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Insert fails from VB only when table is empty...?
Date: 2003-03-29 03:46:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

How do you open the recordset ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

-----Original Message-----
From: LaBranche, Kevin

I am brand new to pgsql... :-) I have a VB program inserting records
into a fairly simple table (without a PK) and I notice that when the
table is empty I get a "row out of range" error. This only happens when
the table is empty. If I insert a record from psql then run the program
everything is fine. Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

I am using ADO to connect and recordset.addnew / recordset.update to
insert records.

Thanks,

Kevin