Re: Looks are important

From: "George Weaver" <georgew1(at)mts(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Louise Cofield" <lcofield(at)box-works(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Looks are important
Date: 2003-11-13 03:14:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

MessageHi Louise, Josh,

Thanks for the suggestions.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a space between no and kind. Length(no) can vary. I would like all the kinds to line up evenly when displayed, with a space between no and kind. But when I RPAD no (to try and get an even starting point for kind), the ' 's are not quite the same width as an ordinary number or letter. Thus the physical display length of "30 characters" (padded) can vary from row to row. The result is that the kinds don't necessary line up neatly. I need to concatenate the two as they are being displayed as one column in a drop down combobox.

Is what I'm trying to do possible???

George