Re: upper() vs. lower()

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Soma Interesting" <dfunct(at)telus(dot)net>
Subject: Re: upper() vs. lower()
Date: 2001-03-05 23:03:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I know that if you move towards unicode, you'll probably do better by going
to lowercase since I understand that there are more lowercase letters than
uppercase (for some odd reason!). I think it's related to the fact that
some languages have multiple lowercase letters that will map to a single
uppercase letter, so there's great "distinct-ness" with lowercase.

David