Fw: Problem when used union with differents column legth

From: "Milton" <milton(dot)siqueira(at)mapcardoso(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "pgsql-odbc" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Problem when used union with differents column legth
Date: 2006-01-10 13:12:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Execute the script:
CREATE TABLE A(
COL VARCHAR(3)
);

CREATE TABLE B(
COL VARCHAR(6)
);

INSERT INTO A VALUES ('T1');
INSERT INTO A VALUES ('T2');
INSERT INTO A VALUES ('T3');

INSERT INTO B VALUES ('T4');
INSERT INTO B VALUES ('T5');
INSERT INTO B VALUES ('T6');

The result of the sql: SELECT COL FROM A UNION SELECT COL FROM B
COL

---------

T1

T2

T3

T4

T5

T6

But when i use rdoResultset(DAO), the result is:

COL

-----------

T1

T1

T1

T1

T1

T1

Now i use the sql "SELECT COL::varchar(6) FROM A UNION SELECT COL FROM B"

with rdoresultset i have the positive result:

COL

---------

T1

T2

T3

T4

T5

T6

In the others db´s drive it work...

I read the data with rdoResultset like this:

set rdoQuery = connection.OpenResultset("SELECT COL FROM A UNION SELECT COL FROM B
", rdOpenKeyset, rdConcurReadOnly)

do while rdoQuery.EOF

Debug.print(rdoQuery!Col)

rdoQuery.MoveNext