remote connection, web hosting, IP adress

From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: remote connection, web hosting, IP adress
Date: 2005-09-05 13:49:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.

I will install a database on a remote server. There is pg_hba.config file that should be adjusted to protect from unauthorized access. It requires IP adresses.
Now, I would like to be able to connect to the server from my personal computer, in order to do some maintenance job on the database remotely. I don't have my personal IP adress till now. So, I'm wondering whether it would be possible to connect through some web hosting that offers fixed IP adress to its customers? I would adjust pg_hba to allow access from that IP adress...
How can I connect to remote server from a remote personal computer without its own IP adress ?
Thanks in advance,

Zlatko