Re: trigger on table

From: "PGExplorer" <pgmail(at)pgexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>, "Postgres SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trigger on table
Date: 2002-02-14 12:28:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Try
CREATE FUNCTION set_item_last_updated () RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN
NEW.last_updated = now();
RETURN NEW;
END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER item_last_updated BEFORE UPDATE ON item
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE set_item_last_updated();

Make sure its BEFORE...

Hope this helps

http://www.pgexplorer.com
GUI Tool for Postgres