temp table indexes

From: "Andrew Bartley" <abartley(at)evolvosystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: temp table indexes
Date: 2002-03-19 04:18:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We are using Postgres 7.1.3.

I am trying to get postgres to use an index that is created on a temp table. The temp table and index is created and loaded from within a plpgsql proc. The select I am trying to force a keyed select on, is also in the same proc.

I have tired SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO Off But it still does table scans.

If I create the same temp table from an odbc driven windows sql app like WinSQL lite, I can force an index read if I vacuum the temp table once loaded. I have tired vacuuming the table from within the plpgsql proc, but that seems to cause postgres to shut down.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

Andrew