Re: How to create schema-specific users?

From: "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Gordon" <tom(at)farechase(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to create schema-specific users?
Date: 2003-09-10 02:20:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Tom Gordon" <tom(at)farechase(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm missing something. How do I create a user that is just for a specific
> schema, and not a global user? I see in the docs how to create schemas
and
> users, but not a schema-specific user.

The only think that you can do is specify on your pg_hba.conf file the
databases
that the user can connect to.
If you run Postgres 7.3.X these line are an example to add to your
pg_hba.conf file:

host <your_db> <user> <host-source> <netmask> password

of course this line is valid only for remote connection, for local
connection:

local <your_db> <user>
trust

Refer to the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide, chapter "Client
Authentication" for
a complete description.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola