[Pljava-dev] Issue with SunMSCAPI jar file

From: tle at redseal(dot)net (Thang Le)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Issue with SunMSCAPI jar file
Date: 2010-03-29 21:44:21
Lists: pljava-dev

I'm testing out the 1.4 PL/Java version. In the code we're invoking from
Postgres, there is a setup for SSL. The whole thing runs normally outside
of Postgres.

However within Postgres, it gives the error:

ERROR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
sun.security.mscapi.SunMSCAPI

On the surface of it, this means sunmscapi.jar not found. But I did add
this jar file to the classpath. In any case, it is at the normal location
in the JRE installation, and since the jvm.dll from the JRE is in the
system path and seen by pl/java (simple calls without the SSL part work
fine), I assume it sees the file sunmscapi.jar as well.

I notice that many times, the error in PL/Java is not exactly the
underlying cause. For example when it says pljava.dll not found, it in
fact means jvm.dll is not found, and pljava.dll can't be initialized. So I
suspect it's something similar here. But without a more detailed error
message, I'm not sure how to go about a fix. Maybe sunmscapi.jar is making
use of some services that can't be found or initialized?

Any idea? Thanks!